Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tomatoes are history

They are a dead parrot...
As in " 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!"

Both original plants were looking pretty bad with brown leaves and a few mangy tomatoes. So I went mad and dismantled them, still ended up with a good box full of toms to ripen up and make into yet another sauce.  :)   The pantry is looking pretty good already.

Last moments...

A good box full
one lateral alone was almost 4 meters long
Proof!
 The capsicums have come into their own now and there's one ready to eat every night roasted on the bbq.

Lovely ripe red peppers

1 comment:

Patricia Van Lubeck said...

Aah! There you are!
You are a fanatic, whahaha.
I like your tomato test :) Good job. Will do that too!

I think my recipe/veggie-blog is findable behind my name.