Sunday, September 27, 2020

Daylight saving!

 Yes, we made it Covid-19 and all. Level one is OK at the moment, hopefully we can keep it at bay. Things are gently warming up but it's still not time for tomatoes and capsicums as the soil isn't really warm enough for a while. I have popped in a few more potatoes that were chitting nicely. I had read that instead of digging a trench (into cold deep soil) you put the potato close to ground level and cover them with soil and compost which will be warm and encourage growth. So far so good the ones I had put in a week or so ago have come up above the surface already so I have mounded up more soil again. Made a containment fence out of gutter guard things I never used. wired the together to make a circle. Wire on top to keep the blackbirds out :)


Potato heap in front of the Mandarin tree

The colours of silverbeet

Good old silverbeet bit with pretty colours, must be good for you





No comments: